Need something fantastically visually appealing and wonderfully sweet, that you can just swipe out of the freezer at short notice? Want to look like the ‘Queen of Edible Delights’ while doing just that?
What about afternoon tea with the girls? How satisfying would it be to impress them with your culinary attention to detail? And right from your own kitchen bench?
Valentines Day coming up? Mother-in-Law dropping by? Or do you just want to treat YOUR-BLOODY-SELF???
Answering yes to any of these scenarios, means that YOU COULD DO WITH with my Triple-Decker Strawberry Honeys! Don’t believe me? Scroll down and check out that photo! Yummo!
And you DEFINITELY could do with the goodness that comes with them:
- Macadamias: high in lovely monounsaturated fats and high in protein, calcium, potassium, manganese and thiamin. Research has demonstrated reductions in oxidative stress, clotting tendencies and inflammation. High in dietary fibre and beneficial for those with high cholesterol and blood fats.
- Cinnamon: Stabilises blood sugar, contains highly potent polyphenol antioxidants, is anti-fungal and anti-bacterial.
- Vanilla: contains numerous anti-oxidants including vanillic acid and vanillin.
- Raw, organic Australian Honey: an alkaline forming food that contains naturally occurring vitamins, enzymes, powerful antioxidants and other important nutrients. Anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, strengthens the immune system and can help to eliminate allergies. Avoid pasteurised honey – this is very similar to eating refined sugar as most of the nutrients and active properties have been destroyed.
- Coconut Oil: stops sugar cravings, boosts metabolism, supports immunity and aids digestion.
- Unhulled Tahini: an excellent source of protein (more than milk), rich in B vitamins, vitamin E, magnesium, iron and calcium.
- Organic Strawberries: rich in vitamin C and high in phenolic flavonoid phytochemicals known as anthocyanins and ellagic acid. Potential health benefits include anti-cancer, anti-aging, anti-inflammatory and enables protection against neurological diseases. Contains flavonoid antioxidants such as lutein, zea-xanthin and beta-carotene, as well as a good amount of minerals like potassium, manganese, fluorine, copper, iron and iodine.
This recipe is best made the day before. The dates, macadamia nuts and the layering within these beautifully presented treats requires soaking time and extended setting time – well worth the wait not only for the taste, but for the impressive display when you plate up these pretty delectable morsels to those special people in your life (including your-bloody-self! Do it… Sheesh!).
TRIPLE-DECKER STRAWBERRY HONEYS
Dairy Free, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free.
Makes 18-20 mini-cupcake sized chocolates
Soaking Time: 3 hours
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Total Setting Time: 1 1/2 hours
Fat & Calories: Who cares when you’re eating fantastically healthy! Come on!
1 whole vanilla pod deseeded
½ cup of organic cacao butter
1 teaspoon of organic ground cinnamon*
½ cup of organic virgin coconut oil*
½ cup of organic cacao powder*
1/3 cup of organic 100% unhulled tahini
2 tablespoons of raw organic Australian honey (can add more according to preference), or stevia to taste.
Tiny sprinkle of Peruvian Pink Salt*
1 cup of whole Australian macadamias soaked for 3 hours
4 organic dates soaked for 3 hours
12 organic strawberries
1 tablespoon of organic virgin coconut oil*
3 tablespoons of coconut cream
To make the chocolate:
1. Remove the seeds from the vanilla pod. Run the knife from one end of the pod to the other, so that the pod is halved lengthways. Take one vanilla pod half, and scrape the blade along the inside edge of the pod to collect the seeds. Do this with the other half. Cut the deseeded pod halves across the middle, so that you also have 4 pod strips.
2. Place the vanilla seeds and pod strips into a glass jug.
3. Along with the vanilla, add the cacao butter and cinnamon to the same jug.
4. Melt the cacao butter over the stove by placing the glass jug in a saucepan of simmering water. The vanilla and cinnamon will infuse into the cacao butter as it liquefies.
5. While the butter is melting, line up the chocolate moulds on a tray that will fit easily in your freezer.
6. Return to the completely melted butter and remove the vanilla pods from the jug.
7. Add the coconut oil, cacao powder, tahini, honey and pink salt to the melted cacao butter mixture.
8. Continuously stir all ingredients while the jug baths in the simmering water. Everything should be completely dissolved and evenly combined.
9. Pour the chocolate mixture into the chocolate moulds no more than a third of the total mould volume.
10. Place the tray of chocolates in the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
11. Place the jug of chocolate to the side until needed later.
To make the strawberry filling:
1. Place the macadamias, dates, strawberries, coconut oil and coconut cream into a processor and leave running for 5 minutes or until all ingredients combine to a fine creamy paste like consistency.
1. After 30 minutes of setting time, remove the moulds from the freezer.
2. Dollop a small teaspoon of strawberry filling on top of the first chocolate layer, until no more than 2/3rds of the total mould volume has been reached. Smooth out the top of the strawberry layer with a spoon to create a flat surface.
3. Place the tray of moulds back in the freezer for a second time for at least 30 minutes.
1. After another 30 minutes setting time, remove the moulds from the freezer.
2. Pour the remaining melted chocolate over the strawberry layer to evenly cover the strawberry cream layer and completely fill the mould.
3. Place the tray of triple-deckers in the freezer to set for an hour.
1. Remove the tray of Triple Decker Strawberry Honeys from the freezer.
2. Remove the moulds and place half a strawberry on top of each Triple Decker to finish the presentation. If you have any strawberry cream left over, you can stick the strawberries onto the Triple Decker Strawberry Honeys using a pea sized amount of the strawberry cream on the under-side of each strawberry.
You will absolutely LOVE these!
Enjoy my gorgeous people!
WHERE TO FIND THE INGREDIENTS:
*You’ll find some of these wonderful ORGANIC ingredients right here at the NourishMe Whole Heartedly online shop. YAY!
Like this post? Visit our beautiful website – You’ll love it!